This crostino makes a great starter or light lunch, and it is a nice change from the usual mayo-lemon-crab combination. The smoked paprika works perfectly with the "limey" mayo, encasing the crab in a creamy, rich sauce, the whole thing sitting on a bed of crunchy bread and fresh salad leaves.
INGREDIENTS (for two people)
- Four heaped tablespoons of fresh, white crab meat
- Two heaped tablespoons of mayonnaise
- Half a teaspoon of smoked paprika
- The juice of half a lime
- Two spring onions, finely sliced
- A ciabatta bread, cut in half lengthwise and toasted
- Extra-virgin olive oil
Mix the crabmeat, mayo, smoked paprika, spring onions and lime juice together; taste and season with salt.
Toast the ciabatta bread, then rub it with a little olive oil and sprinkle it with salt. Season the salad leaves with more oil, salt and a squeeze of lime juice, then arrange them on the toasted bread and spoon the crab mix on top. Boy, if it tastes incredible!