INGREDIENTS (for two people)
- A bag of mixed salad leaves (preferably organic)
- Two slices of farmhouse bread
- One small goat's cheese
- A handful of chopped walnuts
- A few shavings of black truffle
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
Dress the salad leaves with the olive oil, white wine vinegar and salt. Make sure they are evenly coated, then arrange them on two plates, with a generous scatter of chopped walnuts on top.
Lightly toast the bread slices, then place them on a baking tray with half of the goat's cheese on top of each slice (rind side up). Place them under a hot grill for 3-4 minutes, or until the goat's cheese is soft and oozing but still retains its shape.
Garnish each goat's cheese piece with a walnut's half, drizzle with olive oil, scatter with a few black truffle's shavings and serve immediately, while still warm.